This was one of the most exciting and surprising days of my life. Jeff planned a hiking trip for us near beautiful Mt. Rainier. We woke up at about 5 am on a Monday morning. It was a gorgeous winter day. We hiked until lunch then we sat under some trees on a log to eat our picnic lunch that Jeff packed for us. We ate Peanut butter sandwiches and some other yummy snacks. We hadn't seen any people or wild life all day until a little mouse joined us for lunch. I was startled while Jeff fed it raisens and bread crumbs. When we were done with our lunch Jeff pulled a fortune cookie from his bag. I said something like, ooh fortune cookies, what does my fortune say? So, I pulled out my fortune cookie and opened the plastic wrapper, then I cracked the cookie open and read my fortune. It said, "You or a close friend will be happily married." (I got this fortune before the 1st time I had ever met his family. Jeff's sister Laura told him it might be a good idea to save it. He did. :) Jeff surgically removed a fortune from another cookie and replaced it with this one!) Jeff said something like what does that mean? I said something like, you are suppose to ask me to marry you! Not expecting what was going to happen next. Jeff pulled a small black box from his pocket and got down on one knee. He said something so amazing and romatic as he as me to marry him. I cried YES! with excitement!
Great story! I wish I could have seen Jeff hiding that fortune in the cookie with tweezers! Sounds hard! We're sure glad he asked, and sure glad you said yes!
ReplyDelete